ya think?

ya think?

my talent is your talent

my talent is your talent
๏̯͡๏﴿ we all need helmets! ๏̯͡๏﴿

7.25.2017

human interest

Rodeo Good Stuff
I’m following a truck with a gun rack
and the bumper sticker reads, Take the migrant
out of immigrant, and I think
I’m an immigrant. I think
of the time José forgot Shangxin’s name
and called him foreigner,
and I said, I’m a foreigner
then laughed on the inside, but José
laughed out loud bahaha
because he thought
I was in on his joke. Once,
a young woman on a bus
shot up the aisle
to get a better look at my face
before asking, What ethnicity are you?
But before I told her, I said
on the inside, I’m American.
I run red lights, tail old ladies,
honk at texters while texting.
I have four American flags on the roof of my car.
How many do you have?

from Human Interest by Valerie Bandura
here

No comments:

Post a Comment

is that what you really think?

me and my TV

me and my TV
hundreds hundreds of channels - nothing to see

play our soundtrack

Practice with me!

Practice with me!

oh shit

oh shit

Hands Up Don't Shoot

The amazing Kimya Dawson? If you want to hear her full a cappella song, you can find it at theintercept.com/podcasts.

THIS has become the most tweeted in the WORLD